[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Jul 6 08:32:02 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 22:26, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 10:57:57AM +0100, James Bromberger wrote:
>>* Interstate and NZ flights are in the same order of magnitude.
>> ($400 return Syd <-> Wellington, $800 Per <-> Wellington, compared
>> to $700 Per <-> Sydney)

> A query on Air NewZealand's website for return Sydney-Dunedin over
> the conference week gives a fare of A$490.  As I recall, it was more
> than that for me to fly to Perth in 2003.

Qantas have a "red e deal" special at the moment which would allow me to
do PER->SYD->PER for $388. A not-so-special price is $518. The normal
price is $660.

PER->WEL is $379 each way (red e deal via MEL out, via MEL or SYD in,
$758 round trip) or $863 (normal price, via Auckland, $1726 round
trip). Plus the State gouge is roughly $200 instead of $70. So special
for special it's roughly double, for double the kilometers (which is
unusual, there normally seems to be more of a "flagfall" built into the
prices). The cost of the conf itself and accomodation tends to mask
much of the difference.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia