[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

David Ruwoldt david.ruwoldt at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 13:01:02 UTC 2005

Dear Lorn,

I have been watching this for a while now and you seem to be stuck on a
name and not the purpose of the conference.

The conference brings people together from all over the world to listen
and speak and chat and generally discuss things about linux, software,
hardware and you name it. It is a gathering of IT people to enable the
sharing of ideas not a "we own it so we do not want to share it" conference.

If open source software was not shared then we would not have the
community we have today. This is another thing that the conference is
all about, community. The open source community knows no physical
bounds, no race, no colour it is an electronic community sharing ideas
for the purpose of improving IT. Why would we not share a conference
with a close neighbouring country that has had ties with us for many years.

While I can see your concern about a name I do not feel that you are
focusing on the real purpose of the conference and would hope that you
think about what is trying to be achieved by the conference rather than
who owns it.

Yours sincerely

David Ruwoldt

--
David Ruwoldt
Lead Systems Architect

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is