[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jul 4 18:10:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 16:55, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Last I checked "Australia" does not include "New
> Zealand" as a state or even a territory

Then you didn't check very hard. Look again. Both Australia and New
Zealand have legislation in place which names New Zealand's components
as states of Australia. The legislation has never been invoked, but
it's there.

You don't complain if an American conference goes to Hawaii or Alaska,
do you? Yet they're both much more remote from the mainland USA than
Kiwiland is from mainland Australia.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia