[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Jul 4 15:34:02 UTC 2005

Leon Brooks wrote:
> Given your persistent refusal to admit that it might possibly in any way
> _be_ honouring its own charter, I ask, why would I want to vote you in?
> Go ahead, make my day, convince me!

That would be rather funny to have an American running linux
australia.... but no, I am not planning to run, I have too less time to
do things I like anyway.

How about everyone else's refusal to admit that it might actually look
bad to have Linux _Australia_, move linux.conf.au (notice the .au in
there??) to .nz (even for one year), or that it might go against what
the published "Charter" says is Linux Australia's purpose.

http://www.linux.org.au/about/charter

"Linux Australia helps individuals to realise their potential and
supports them in events and schemes to support and help the Australian
Linux community."

I do not see any mention of the word "International", "overseas" or "New
Zealand" anywhere on that document.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager