[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Mon Jul 4 07:09:02 UTC 2005

Lorn,

> > possibility of having it in New Zealand, and I thought it was a
> > great idea.
> >  I have been to quite a few conferences in Australia, but not to any
> > conferences in New Zealand, and I would bet that there are a lot of
> > foreign
>
> Thus we get back to Brets point about this being a vacation for L.A.
> paid for  by the members. It's not really supporting Linux in
> Australia, but Linux in  New Zealand.

One minute you make statements about the committee which are
questionable to say that least, a committee of an organisation you
purport to support...

> I am not saying this is not good for the overall international linux
> community.
> Supporting the international community is not the focus of Linux
> _Australia_.  Nor is it stated in it's Charter.

Then you tell the members what Linux Australia should be doing in
strident, black and white, dictatorial terms - even though by any
reasonable person's definition of minority, you're in the minority.

> I am all for Linux Australia helping Linux New Zealand.

And now you say that.

I've decided that given your predisposition to think negatively and your
obvious annoyance at being stuck with a minority view, that your posts
are really not worth reading any more.

I'd advise others to ignore them too.

DSL