[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Jul 1 13:36:02 UTC 2005

<quote who="Jonathan Oxer">

> > Perhaps, if the committee is serious and genuine, about the issue of the
> > sustainability of Linux Australia, it should contact members who are not
> > subscribed to the mailing list,
>
> That is actually exactly what we talked about at the Committee meeting,
> and a plan is already underway to make it happen. We currently have a
> large membership list with email addresses, but far fewer people
> subscribed to either linux-aus or the announce list.
>
> We'll be attempting to re-engage with those others on the membership list
> in the near future.

Perhaps Bret would be pleased to know that a number of members who are not
on linux-aus are not actually Australian! :-)

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

     "Funny, I have no trouble distinguishing my mobile phone from the
       others because it's in my _own fucking pocket_!" - Mobile Rage