[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Fri Jul 1 12:39:02 UTC 2005

I have just read through Stewarts post and he has some good points. I
really do agree with his point about the length of Board position terms,
annual is nice but too short, current board members would really just be
getting into their stride when the next elections roll around. Two years
would probably be a good number, long enough to let committee members
really get into the swing of things but not so long that dedicated
people would be put off by the commitment required.

On the issue of a CEO or CFO, I think what the organisation needs is
more of an Administrator. Someone to take care of the day to day
operations including accounts and basic legal requirements of any
organisation. Without knowing exact numbers re budgets and other
details, I am not sure whether this should be full time or if it could
be done by a part-time person.