[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Horms horms at verge.net.au
Tue Jul 5 12:12:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:22:35PM +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >Lorn Potter wrote:

> >>Nice try. Then it isn't LCA, but LCNZ.
> >

> >I'm sorry, but this is completely incorrect. The conference Dunedin are
> >running is LCA. Thankyou for your time and concern.
>
> Lets see now. Dunedin is in what country? Australia? or New Zealand?
>
> Thats what I thought. and this is my whole point.

No, that is not the point, which is likely why you will never be able to
let this one go. The point is, does LA assising hosting LCA in NZ
contrivine its mantra to help the Australian Linux community. If you can
argue that it does, then you have a point. But I think that it is
readily apparent that an LCA in NZ, an LCA whose organisation is well
underway and shows no signs of being other than a success, will benifit
not only the New Zealand Linux community, but the Australian one too. Directly
through Australians attending the conference, and indirectly through
fostering greater interest in Linux in the region.

--
Horms