[Linux-aus] Thankyou to Committee 2004

Michael Davies michael at msdavies.net
Thu Jan 13 03:04:02 UTC 2005

With 3 days to go until the election closes and the 2005 committee comes
on board, I'd like to say thank you to the Linux Australia 2004 committee
for their efforts over the past 12 months.  Pia, Stewart, Andrew, Mark,
Rusty and Mikal - thank you all for your hard efforts - but it's been fun
too, hasn't it?

Now I know that this coming from a current committee member is sort of
self-congratulatory - but we've seen LA achieve some cool stuff this past
year, and I think the committee did a pretty good job in enabling that.

I think Linux Australia is on a good foundation going forward - and I hope
that it keeps on supporting LUGs, keeps Linux.Conf.Au the wildly
successful roaming fun conference that it is, and continues to interract
with the broader community explaining how open-source really is a better
choice for software.

So all the best to the incoming committee, whomever they end up being :-)
While I didn't run again myself (for geographical reasons), I'll continue
to support Linux Australia and Linux.Conf.Au however I can.

So long and thanks for all this fish,

Michael... (outgoing 2004 committee member)
--
michael at msdavies dot net
http://michaeldavies.org/weblog