[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations update

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jan 5 12:04:02 UTC 2005

Ryan Verner wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:03:36AM +1100, Pia Smith wrote:
>
>>Some more nominations :) See below:
>>
>>>    * Pia Smith (greebo at pipka.org)
>>
>>          (please note, I am not running for president again)
>

> Sorry, I haven't been following this thread terribly well, but why is
> this here if you're not running for president?

This is a dump of the nominations page from the website... There
currently isn't a way for a nominated person to clearly say "no" in the
interface, so Pia is making clear her intention to not run for that
role. That is all.

If you want to nominate people, the easiest way is to go to
http://www.linux.org.au/membership/ and make it happen.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au