Re: [Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)]

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Tim Bowden wrote:

Time for me to come out of lurk mode, as this is an issue that I would like to see dealt with.

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 13:24 +1100, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Mon, 2005-21-02 at 21:37 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

<snip>

There are a number of possible audiences for Linux conferences, and
catering for all of these, could probably be done at the same
conference, if it was wanted.

There are different linux audiences, and they are large enough and different enough to warrant keeping any non linux developer conf separate from lca.

Can we have a clarification here? The term "linux developer conf" - do you refer to developers of Linux, or to developers who use Linux?

There is a substantial difference. People like David Campbell, who developed the parallel port drivers, which were used for the Iomega Zip Drives, are different to people who develop web sites using Perl/PHP/Java and PostgreSQL/MySQL, etc, running on Linux.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

you'll know what the answer means."