[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Open Source Forums page up and going!

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Sat Feb 26 09:35:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 20:46 +1030, Janet & Kim Hawtin wrote:

> Would love to see the Linux on Desktop talk in Adelaide.
> Happy to help with local logistics if that helps.
> Cheers

Great! Well firstly we may have an opportunity to record this event. If
so then everyone can check it out and hopefully we can start streaming
the forums fairly soon. This would mean right around the country
everyone can participate in the forums, by posting questions to IRC for
the panel and so on.

Also it'll give you a good idea as to how you'd like to maybe run it to
be locally relevant to you. I can fairly easily organise speakers for
anyone interested, so all we'd need on the ground would be a venue, some
catering (I'm running the events as a lunch thing), optionally some
recording equipment, and some local email bashing to get to the local
audience. It isn't actually too much work, and it is a very worthwhile
event.

Cheers,
Pia
--