[Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Michael Davies michael at msdavies.net
Thu Feb 24 03:52:03 UTC 2005

Michael Still said:
> I am requesting $xxx seed funding from Linux Australia, and the same
> amount from AUUG. The reasoning here is to spread the risk of the event,
> and maximise the benefits to the community and both groups. In return
> both organizations will recieve branding of the event, and half the
> profit from the event if there is one. I also need to to receive a
> commitment to running the event in a similar shared manner in the future.

Before Linux Australia committed to anything like this, I'd like to see
how the LCA2005 / AUUG OSS in Government conference tango worked out.  I
have no reason to believe that it won't be a resounding success.

Linux.Conf.Au 2004 was a negative data point on the Linux Australia / AUUG
relationship (with the OSS in Government miniconf), so I'd like to see if
both sides are happy with the result of this year's venture before we go
any further on things for future years.

For proposed long-term co-operation like this it may be worthwhile both
organisations providing an opportunity for their memberships to comment
privately on the issue (so that both organisations can represent the
wishes of its members).

Hope this helps,
--
michael at msdavies dot net