[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

Pia Smith greebo at pipka.org
Tue Feb 22 19:36:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 12:02 +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > Thanks! Maybe I'm blind, but can you point out to me where on the
> > website the reports are published?
>
> I am not aware of any reports being published during the last year (I'm
> willing to be wrong). I believe last year's committee only granted one
> grant, and that was for the education trade show which hasn't happened yet.

The original idea was that all grants went to linux-aus, but this hasn't
really given a good running idea as to how the scheme is going. We'll
create a webpage to create better visibility, and we also decided last
week to have all grant proposals put straight to linux-aus for
discussion whereas they were discussed with the ctte prior to linux-aus
posting. This'll speed up the process, open it up a bit, and keep people
involved.

I personally hope we can really get the community using this process
more so that more support is getting out there.

Cheers,
Pia