[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Feb 22 09:59:04 UTC 2005

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> And, given that a conference has been approved by the decision makers, to
> be held in a foreign country, it is a precedent that indicates that it is
> likely that future conferences will be held in various countries in Asia,
> and, likely, some time, in the USA, rather than in Australia, which, by
> virtue of the asserted name of the conference, is where the conference
> should be held.

Don't be fatuous, Bret.

> I had stated that previous annual conferences for Linux users, had
> existed, as the CALU, and the conferences for Linux users, had been
> deleted and replaced.

CALU turned into linux.conf.au, with Rusty's guidance, attention and
psychological support.

> As I said in the other posting, that the Australian Linux conference has
> now also been deleted and replaced by an international conference, was
> just an aside.

Don't be fatuous, Bret.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

     "First: This is not a race." - Jody Goldberg on the Free Software
                                  desktop