[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Feb 22 08:37:01 UTC 2005

Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> At 2005/2/19 15:17+1000  Anthony Towns writes:
>
>>The grants process was discussed. The essence of the idea was that
>>we would split up to $2000 each month amongst worthy open source
>>projects. However only two grant applications have been successful;
>>one a small request made by Jeff Waugh to purchase some computer
>>equipment, and a request by Sara Kaan for support to setup a Linux
>>booth at an education conference. A loan request for ComputerBank
>>was also approved, but subsequently fell through. Other requests
>>such as payment for flights to attend or present at overseas open
>>source conferences failed to be approved. Approximately eight
>>requests have been made in total.
>

> More out of curiousity than anything else - but is there any followup
> to the results of a grant?. Eg even if its just a short email to say
> "I got $X for Y and Z happened because of it".

The grant process (http://www.linux.org.au/projects/grants) says:

The applicant must:

     * Outline the need as specifically as possible
     * Be a member or affiliate of Linux Australia
     * Be a person willing to take responsibility for making the request
on behalf of the project
     * Agree to the responsibilities he/she must undertake if the
application is accepted
     * Supply Linux Australia with any necessary receipts
     * Provide Linux Australia with a brief report as to how the project
went, results, etc. Optionally publishing how funds were used and the
status of the project on a related webpage. Reports will be published to
the linux.org.au website.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au