[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Feb 11 07:25:04 UTC 2005

Michael Davies wrote:
> Christopher Yeoh said:
>

>>This situation is certainly unfortunate, but whatever we do, its going
>>to happen to some people. I'd guess there were probably people on the
>>east coast who were unable to attend botgh Perth and Adelaide because
>>of travel.  I missed out on the Brisbane and Perth conferences because
>>the Linux Standard Base workgroup meetings (around LWE NY time)
>>clashed in both years with LCA.  Bad stuff happens sometimes.
>

> And I missed Brisbane and Sydney because of the cost of travel (from
> Adelaide).  They'll always be people who can't make it for dates or cost
> to get to location.
>
> But back on topic, I think Linux.Conf.Au should:
> a) coincide with university holidays (since that way accommodation and
> venue are easy to get at),
> b) be held when it's warm at the location, and
> c) should publicise dates as far in advance as possible to help with
> planning.

Yes, although university holidays don't map well to each other. Canberra
is during _ANU_ holidays.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au