[Linux-aus] High Five for SlashDot! (-:

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 14:30:02 UTC 2005

> News Item:        Microsoft to Buy Anti-Virus Software Firm
>
> First comment:    Evidently they wore out the first one...
> (from "ackthpt")
>
> Well... _I_ liked it!
>
>     http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/02/08/2149210.shtml

That's both really funny and really sad at the same time.

Reminds me of this recent article:

Where Have All The Cycles Gone?

"Computers are getting faster all the time, or so they tell us. But, in
fact, the user experience of performance hasn't improved much over the
past 15 years."

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-cranky49.html?ca=dgr-lnxw01Cranky

Maybe our PC's are just filling up with too much fat and not so
productive software. Of course the overhead of Anti-virus software
scaning away doesn't help that much either.

Pax,
Marco