[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Tue Feb 8 14:28:01 UTC 2005

Mary Gardiner said:

>   - good for attendees from the Southern Hermisphere because late
>     December - mid Janaury is a slow time for many businesses and it
>     fits in with a traditional leave taking time, and people are less
>     likely to have tasks they can't get out of at work

Another flipside to this is that in IT roles, because there is a high
demand for leave it is often quite difficult to get leave at this time
(January). That may be my particular IT support / sysadmin experience but
there was a squable over leave and coverage every December and January.
How much that affects LCA attendence is anyone's guess :)

      Craige.