[Linux-aus] Microsoft files new patent (another episode in your favourite "stupid patent" series)

Shayne Flint shayne.flint at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 12:05:04 UTC 2005

I know that I did this for lat/longs (and a bunch of other data types
using base-64) in 1983 (yes >20 years ago) in order to send data over
primitive comms links that didn't like non-printable characters.

I can't imagine I was alone.

--
-- Shayne Flint, MIEAust, CPEng
-- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science