[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Tue Feb 8 12:05:03 UTC 2005

At 2005/2/7 23:38+0800  Bret Busby writes:
> >> years.
> >
> > I disagree, though I'd suggest that we survey the attendees again this
> > year as to what they think of the timing of the conference.
> >

> So, those who would have attended the conference this year, if it was in
> January, but can't, because of when it is being held this year, don't
> count?

Well not surprisingly those who were surveyed at LCA 2004 mostly said
that January was the best time for the conference. I think it will be
interesting to see if this changes this year, or, if participants
still would have preferred the conference to be in January.

If April is more convenient for this year's participants then I think
that it is good evidence for moving the dates of the conference around
from year to year to give more people the opportunity to participate.

After all, we have the conference in a different city each year for
very similar reasons.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org