[Linux-aus] Peoples Choice Community Member of the Year Winner

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Sun Dec 25 11:22:02 UTC 2005

> On Saturday 24 December 2005 11:05, Karin Purser wrote:
> > We would like to congratulate Pascal
> > Klein of Canberra (CLUG) who will be recieving a concession ticket to
> > LCA06 and $200 towards expenses.
>
> Pascal, is that enough? My reading is that you're going to need at least
> another $4-600 just to get across there and back, plus some for
> accomodation. I'd be happy to chip in a little to ease the pain, and
> maybe a few other people would as well.

Not really enough, but I'm trying to get a brief job to handle it. Pocket
money + money from handing out our local newspaper + money from mowing as
many lawns in the area from where I live might do it. Got some money saved
too, so I think it ought to be alright. Nevertheless, 200 and the ticket is
almost the bulk (considering the ticket's cost) of it.

Either way all flights/accommodation/buses are booked. Very much looking
forward to seeing so many like-minded people all in one spot as well as New
Zealand. Ought to be cooler in temperature than here, which is a relief. :)

Have a lovely Christmas and cheers,

Pascal