[Linux-aus] "start anything you like" type commercials on telly?

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Dec 14 06:31:03 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Shelagh Manton <oneida at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Here, here! I have a mother who would love to go to courses on computer
> programs (University of the Third Age) but all they offer are courses
> using MS products. So my devious plan to install Ubuntu has been foiled.
>
> Perhaps one of the things we could put together is a syllabus for tutors
> at the various colleges and U3A's to use? Or is this too ambitious and
> not part of the LA charter?

Sounds like a great idea to me. If you're interested in looking into
this in more detail you could have a chat to Kylie Willison who has
been running FOSS-based introductory computer courses as part of Teen
Challenge Murray Bridge. She would probably have good insight into
what would need to be done, and she's also heavily involved with
ComputerBank which would be another party that might be interested in
participating since they also do training. See:

  http://lm.net.au/%7Etcmb/computer.html
  http://vic.computerbank.org.au/

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer