[Linux-aus] Mails from LA voting site?

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Dec 13 06:17:02 UTC 2005

Hi all,

<quote who="Andrew Pollock">

> > > We have asked if MySQL 5 is a "want" or a "need". I can't remember the
> > > answer to that one off the top of my head. The alternative is to do an
> > > installation from source in a UML instance on the UML hosting server,
> > > provided doing so doesn't negatively impact the lca2006 UML instance.

Surely Stewart could just add the functionality to the existing software.
FWIW I don't feel comfortable upgrading a running election at any rate and
particularly not to MySQL 5 :)

Lets just fix what we have rather than this upgrade/backport foo. Let's not
use MySQL 5 version yet. I believe James Purser did a patch that may have
fixed this in the current version of MemberDB? Otherwise how much work would
it be to do that rather than to throw a whole new version which changes the
infrastructure on the box. Upgrading MySQL will affect more than MemberDB
so upgrading it shouldn't be a matter of "oh we need the memberdb to email
notifications, and we need mysql 5 to do that" ;)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "He who loves the world as his body may be entrusted with the empire."
                                 - Lao-tzu