[Linux-aus] Wrong medium, wrong market

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Mon Dec 12 09:43:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 09:32 +0800, skribe wrote:
> Some costs and circulation figures:
>
> APC: 4-colour fullpage ad: $5655 + placement loading circ: 223,000
> PC User: 4-colour fullpage ad: $5610 + placement loading circ: 365,000
>
> skribe

Okay, apart from briefly flirting with a glitzy tv campaign(I like the
idea, but expense and expected return just really can't justify), I am
really working towards getting the maximum bang for our buck. This means
that unless it can be proven absolutely that an expensive element such
as TV or Full Page ads in national Mags will achieve the desired result
we will try and avoid them.

Instead we would be looking for more low cost but high impact sort of
activities, such as the "viral" idea that was suggested earlier.
--
James Purser
Chief Talking Guy - Linux Australia Update