[Linux-aus] Penguin suits grant proposal

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sat Dec 3 12:03:01 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I would like to propose a grant for something we could all use for FOSS
events :) Some penguin suits! I'd like to propose that we purchase 3 penguin
suits and then we can post them around the country to whoever needs them.
Postage is relatively cheap, and they could be managed by Linux Australia.

The initial use case would be for the two large events coming up in Sydney,
Linuxworld Australia and Cebit, where the penguins could hand out Linux
Australia and FOSS foo, and then we can use them on Software Freedom Day,
and any other major events where a penguin suit will be useful. If we start
with 3, and if they are more useful, get some more. They are about $550 each
(inc GST).

So, the proposal is: