[Linux-aus] With elections coming up soon I thought I'd post a few ideas

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sat Dec 3 10:19:02 UTC 2005

Hi David,

<quote who="David Lloyd">

> Agreed, however an Oceanic Region umbrella body might be an interesting
> thing for the peak bodies to investigate - or even maybe a quarterly
> telephone hookup with interpreters if necessary? No doubt something like
> this is informally happening however I can't see how Linux Australia
> saying "We're also part of Linux Oceania and this open standards
> document has been formulated so that it's interoperable with Linux NZ,
> Linux Timor etc etc" would hurt...

I think the IOSN (www.iosn.net) can fulfill this role nicely. _And_ it is
United Nations backed so has some street cred :) I think it offers a place
for national orgs to work together on such things. I've been chatting to
them a lot, and want to get LA and our community more involved.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                      "What are we doing today brain?"
              "We're taking over the world like we always do."
                           - Pinky and the Brain