[Linux-aus] Re: Linux Australia Update - Episode 2

James Purser purserj at southernphone.com.au
Mon Aug 8 19:30:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 16:22 +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> James Purser wrote:
> > Jeff Waugh writes:
> >
> >> <quote who="James Purser">

> >> Perhaps it would make sense to use existing blog software on LA's
> >> machine?
> >
> > This I have no problem with :)
>
> The other thing is that blosxom can render to static HTML and RSS if all
> you have is ssh access to a machine and don't want to run a CGI.
>
> This is how stillhq.com is done.
>
> Mikal

Basically what I have is a custom site with a php function that builds
the rss file once I've added a new article/post.

Part of the reason I have the server is it allows me to muck around with
new stuff that I wouldn't be able to do at work. The other reason, is
I'm really anal about how I like things setup :)

--
James Purser
Chief Talking Guy - Linux Australia Update