[Linux-aus] [Fwd: [Osia-discuss] IDG World Expo and AES Launch LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Australia]

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Apr 29 13:08:01 UTC 2005

<quote who="Jonathan Oxer">

> I'm meeting with IDG next week to talk about their plans for LinuxWorld,
> so if there are any specific questions or concerns people may have about
> LW and how it relates to LCA etc please let me know ASAP so I can raise
> them at the meeting.

Please suggest to IDG that they have a ".org pavilion" for non-profit and
volunteer FOSS groups. That's a good way to involve the community, provide a
different atmosphere and communications mechanism, and avoid conflicting
with the goals linux.conf.au. I'll pitch in for GNOME and Ubuntu booths. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: April 18th-23rd                    http://linux.conf.au/

         "Applications are just kernel testcases." - Andrew Morton