[Linux-aus] [Fwd: [Osia-discuss] IDG World Expo and AES Launch LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Australia]

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Apr 29 10:09:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 06:57 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> I see the danger here not in LW replacing LCA, but in PHBs who might
> otherwise channel sponsorship for LCA *thinking* of it as a replacement.

Although, do remember that we have a very good relationship with our
sponsors, and they totally understand what LCA is about.

Also, we've typically had more sponsors wanting to sponsor LCA than can
reasonably be accepted. I think they grok it enough that we're not going
to loose any of them to a LW.

I think it's a good sign of the health of Linux in AU when there is room
for a LCA and a LW. It means that *everybody* (from upper management to
on-the-ground techies) are taking it seriously.

rock on.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia