[Linux-aus] Re: LCA, eh

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue Apr 26 11:40:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 01:19:10PM +1000, Marco Ostini wrote:
> The vast majority of LA folk are excited and keen to see NZ put on a
> Linux.conf, and I expect that they'll do a bloody good job.

I'm keen, if only because it'll give me a tax-deductible excuse to go to
UnZud.

> Isn't that ancient whine 'we can't hold a linux.conf in {Brisbane,
> Perth, Adelaide} because it's too {small, far away, unknown}' getting a
> bit old hat?

I vote that we have LCA 2007 in Wollongong.  It doesn't really suffer from
"far away", but it's got "small" and "unknown" in spades.  <grin>

Seriously, though, if we could find a couple more local volunteers, the Uni
of Wollongong would be rapt to host it, and I reckon we could put on a quite
passable LCA...

> Go Mike, make us proud!

Yeah, and where's my badge!?

- Matt