[Linux-aus] Congrats to new HUMBUG ctte

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Sun Sep 26 07:13:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Today has been a busy day in sunny Brisbane :) I met up with Software
Queensland, who are a very interesting group. I suggested that there are
certainly areas they, LA, OSIA, AUUG, ACS, and a few other groups could
collaborate on, and we look forward to working with them at the very
least to protect IP creators in Australia. Information on them can be
found at http://www.softwareqld.com.au and they are targetting QLD
software companies (Australian owned) and their best interests. I feel
that there is an excellent case for both this type of construct wider
than QLD, and OSIA as there are areas of collaboration and of
differences of interests. Fundamentally trying to promote Australian
best interests, the best interests of IP creators, education on issues
and opportunities in Australia and other such areas are certainly ones
we will be working together with these groups on.

I attended the HUMBUG AGM on today, and it was great to meet up with
many of the HUMBUG crew and ctte. Catch their details at
http://www.humbug.org.au. This is something I've been promising HUMBUG
for, oh, about a year now :) and is also part of the Linux Australia
drive to increase communications with the LUGs around Australia. I'm the
appointed QLD person, and all details of what we are trying to achieve
here can be found at:

 http://www.linux.org.au/australia/lug-comms

The New HUMBUG ctte are:
- President - Mark Suter