[Linux-aus] Brand GNU/LA website

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Sun Sep 19 18:02:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 19:06, Leon Brooks wrote:
> (deem G/D/R included)
>
> Works well, looks great.

Thanks Leon, the feedback is muchly appreciated!

> There is an empty (and broken) link after "look." in the first paragraph
> (it's a mailto: but has the http:// gumpf prefixed as well).

yeah, unfortunately in the blog sw we're using I haven't figured out how
to make mailto hrefs, it isn't an HTML blogger. For the moment, I'm just
going to remove those links alltogether.

> Please consider making the backgrounds of the four icons on the front
> page transparent or making the images the same size (or at least width)
> so it continues to look great on a browser with background colours
> forced.

Ah, but transparent backgrounds look _COMPLETELY_ borked under legacy
apps like IE, so we've gone with forcing the background colour. I
noticed that under some browsers the colour is slightly out, but better
than being black/white/gray/missing.

> At first I didn't like the grey front page vs the white daughter pages,
> but after flipping back and forth a few times, I like it. It gives a
> definite sense of visual feedback.

Yeah, I was the same way. Someone else suggested the gray, and after a
while it feels pretty good :) Any other colour we tried just looked
wrong.

> Tested in FireFox 1.6 and Konqueror 3.2.0, visually perfect.

Sweet.

> Hit the "optimized" link and got a nastygram. 23 errors including that
> email link mentioned above.

Can you post us the other errors so we can check it out?

Cheers!
Pia

--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>