[Linux-aus] Uniting Linux - good or bad?

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Wed Sep 15 15:02:02 UTC 2004

Hi Pia,

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 07:36, Pia Smith wrote:
> Looking for community feedback on this. Feel free to take it to other
> lists, but please get any useful feedback to either OSIA or LA as we are
> putting together a piece on it.
>
> So to kick this off:
>
> http://news.com.com/Linux+standard+gains+big-name+backers/2100-7344_3-5363262.html). It's been implied that the number of Linux versions is its weakness:
>
> - Is the growing number of Linux's its strength, or its weakness?
> - Has anything like this been tried before? Are you skeptical or not?

I think LSB is good.

As for Linux distros. Perhaps some people go overboard and start a new
distro for the heck of it (or their ego).
Overall, diversity is good. Choice. It helps innovation as people on
different tracks come up with different angles to similar problems. So
everybody benefits, really.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Brisbane 22 Nov 2004 (5 days): Using & Managing MySQL Training
Order Training,Support,Licenses @ https://order.mysql.com/?ref=marl
See you at MySQL ComCon November 8-10! http://mysqlcomconeurope.com/