[Linux-aus] LUG's Builder Conference

Brendon Chase brendon.chase at zdnet.com.au
Mon Sep 6 08:32:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,

This is just a quick note to the various LUG's that in the upcoming Builder
conference in October we're putting together a "user group zone" that will
be dedicated to those wanting to hand out flyers, hang out with other user
groups, network and so on.  Contact me off list if you would like to promote
your local group at the conference.

For those not aware:

www.builderconference.com.au <http://www.builderconference.com.au/>

The conference runs for 2 days on October 5-6 with an optional 3rd day of
workshops at Star City in Sydney.

The first 2 days have speakers, both local and international, speaking on a
range of topics (Richard Stallman, Rusty, Jeff Waugh, Arjen Lentz, Con
Zymaris, Ken Arnold and more)

The 3rd day has two full-day workshops: The first is "An introduction to
Extreme Programming" and the other "Project Management for Developers".

The cost? The 2 day pass costs $995 that includes all sessions, plus the
conference dinner (Hosted by Adam Spencer and sponsored Microsoft)

The 3rd Day workshop costs an extra $495 on top of this.

Feel free to pass this on to other user groups mailing lists who might be
interested in promoting their user groups.

Hope to see you all there!

Brendon

Brendon.chase at builderau.com.au