[Linux-aus] Brand GNU/LA website

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Sep 24 02:17:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 19:06, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Works well, looks great.

yay :)

> Please consider making the backgrounds of the four icons on the front
> page transparent or making the images the same size (or at least width)
> so it continues to look great on a browser with background colours
> forced.

ie badly breaks with transparency in PNGs... getting these icons to look
good in GIFs i guess is possible.... people are welcome to do this :)

> At first I didn't like the grey front page vs the white daughter pages,
> but after flipping back and forth a few times, I like it. It gives a
> definite sense of visual feedback.

yeah.. found that myself.

> Hit the "optimized" link and got a nastygram. 23 errors including that
> email link mentioned above.

On the pages with the RSS feeds (press and main page) this will be the
case. the current blog entries (i.e. news and press) don't validate and
need fixing.

The rest of the site now should.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)