[Linux-aus] Free Oracle Seminar

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Mon Oct 18 05:00:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Oracle are running a free seminar and I didn't think it was completely
off topic to send it to list. Feel free to forward it to any of the
LUG/other lists you are on. If people would prefer we didn't forward
these kinds of offers, let us know.

Cheers,
Pia

----------------------

Register now for Oracle Developer Days and Hear About the Latest
Technologies and Best Practices Directly from Oracle Experts FREE!

Mark your calendar! Oracle is pleased to invite you to a FREE workshop
in Sydney or Melbourne. This one-day event includes technical sessions,
an InstallFest, and hands-on labs. Attendees must bring their own
laptops to participate in the labs. Topics will include:

Overview of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
Discover what it means for organisations to move to SOA, and learn about
key technologies and platforms that enable SOA.

Constructing the Services Layer
Learn how to productively develop back-end business services using the
latest J2EE technologies.

>From Web Services to Business Processes
Learn about key J2EE 1.4 technologies used to implement Web services,
and find out how to build Web services-based business processes using
the industry standard Business Process Execution Language (BPEL).

Building SOA User Interfaces
Find out how to build an end-user presentation tier for service-oriented
applications by using design patterns that assist in data-binding
back-end business services to the client tier.

Afternoon Hands On Session
Put theory into practice with a hands-on lab to let you practice your
SOA skills, and an "install-fest" to get your laptop in shape for SOA
development. Please note, due to limited space for the afternoon
session, we will confirm attendance for those interested. ***Java skills
are a pre-requisite for attending the hands on session.***

Space is limited, so REGISTER NOW! Register at the appropriate city at
the links listed below.

Sydney       22 October  http://www.oracle.com/go/?&Src=3321579&Act=22
Melbourne    26 October  http://www.oracle.com/go/?Src=3321579&Act=23

AGENDA:
9:00 a.m. - 12 :45 p.m.   SOA Development and Deployment Workshop
2:00 p.m. - 5 :00 p.m.     Hands On Session (confirmed attendees only)

Oracle looks forward to seeing you.
--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia