[Linux-aus] The federal election - what ICT policies have been announced? (fwd)

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Mon Oct 4 15:20:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 02:23, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Pia Smith wrote:
>

> > > And, I am once again reminded of the feral government's Internet
> > > Oppression Bill, which was to outlaw anything "that the government
> > > might regard as offensive", being transmitted on the Internet, which
> > > would include material such as Pauline Hanson's maiden speech to feral
> > > parliament, in which she said that it was time to end the perks of
> > > members of the feral parliament, so that they would not get any rorts
> > > above what workers were entitled to receive. Such offensive (to members
> > > of the feral parliament) comments and material, were to be illegal under
> > > the feral government's Internet Oppression Bill, which I believe was
> > > passed into law, with the help of a senile christian fundamentalist
> > > senator, who (from what I understand) is not seeking re-election.
> >
> > Ewww! Got a reference?
> >

> To which; the maiden spech of Pauline Hanson, where she said that the
> parliamentary rorts/perks should end, or, to the Internet Oppression
> Bill?

Sorry, a reference to the Internet Oppression Bill. I've found a little
bit about it now though. :) The eww was directed at the paragraph in
general. We have quite a conservative government, and I'd hate to have
outlawed anything they might find offensive :(

Pia
--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia