[Linux-aus] MPAA "Worlwide Anti-Piracy"

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sat Oct 2 14:34:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:39:53PM +0930, David Newall wrote:
> To me it seems they recklessly defamed LA.  Suing them would make world
> news.  You probably could take your own choice of jurisdiction: USA or
> Australia.  I wonder which one is more generous.

Australia's got the tougher defamation laws afaik, since in the US they're
restricted by the first amendment. I don't think you'd get defamation
action happening though; at best it's a false accusation, or maybe a
threat, neither of which are likely to be very actionable. We got to
make them look like twits in the news, there's not much point pushing
things much further.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.