[Linux-aus] Someone is stroppy... Someone at SCO

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Fri May 28 14:21:01 UTC 2004

Hey all, just noticed this story and wonder what's the general opinion?

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39148965,00.htm

<quote>
He added that SCO was "quite within its rights to seek redress" from
those who made inaccurate or malicious comments that endangered the
company's business.

O'Shaughnessy also revealed he had been promoted from the position of
regional general manager, Australia and New Zealand, to the post of
regional director, Australia and New Zealand.

The promotion, which entailed no changes to his duties and
responsibilities, represented "recognition by the company that I'm on
the right track in the territory," he said.
</quote>

Looks like poor O'Shaughnessy is quite unhappy. I'm sure he would feel
better after the matter is settled in court... Let Right be done...

I suspect it's the waiting that's bugging him. Like sitting under an
elephant being suspended by a cotton thread.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Pax,
Marco