[Linux-aus] MEDIA RELEASE: Open Source Industry Australia - National Body Launched

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Mon Mar 1 14:55:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 11:06, Con Zymaris wrote:

> Australia now has a national body tasked with increasing the uptake of
> Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) throughout the Corporate, Government
> and Education sectors. This group will also work towards improving the
> success of FOSS-related businesses and professionals.

Linux Australia wants to congratulate OSIA on its formulation. We look
forward to working with you to achieve common goals, and deal with
common issues and concerns. By maintaining a focus on FOSS from both a
commercial _and_ community focus, we can be sure that the future of
development and commercial viability of Open Source will not be
threatened.

Warmest regards, and rock on,
Pia
--