[Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Thu Jun 24 19:39:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 04:53:48PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I just want to reiterate, given recent threads, that I make this proposal in
> all seriousness, and without taking LA's bank account for granted. Hrm.

I guess for completeness, I should note that as a past recipient of funded
(though not by LA) overseas trips and having been involved in l.c.a and
so on, I think ensuring Oz folks get to go overseas is a great use of LA
funds -- it means Oz hax0rs are more experienced and better informed,
it means they're better able to be more involved in large projects,
it means any Australia-specific interests have a better chance of being
taken into account, and probably other good things.

Deciding to fund Jeff or Daniel or Pia or whoever to attend conferences,
and then using their applications and acceptance as examples for other
folks to duplicate in future might be a good thing to do.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.