[Linux-aus] Moderation

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Jun 20 10:55:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:18, Mike Beattie wrote:
> [Gah, the first address I posted with isn't subscribed - so if it
> comes through as a result of moderation, please excuse the fact you
> will have gotten two copies...]

It will.

Do any of y'all have a problem with a furriner moderating this list?

One of the two volunteers who've stepped forward is an Israeli who seems
to have a pretty good background, but I'd like to see if there's any
political problems before I cut him loose.

This list gets about 20 spam a day which need to be dumped regularly to
keep the task manageable, up until about a month ago got about one
message a quarter which needed approval, and in the last month has seen
about two a week of those. I've also just bounced my second-ever post
(from an Indian at RMIT Melbourne) which wasn't spam but wasn't
suitable for the list either.

One of the joys of being on admin@ is yesterday's crudflood of about
1500 spam to randomish names @linux.org.au. List moderators won't be
added to admin@ (-: