[Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Jun 16 15:35:02 UTC 2004

<quote who="Michael Still">

> When we run _our_ conference, we pay for people to come over to talk.  Why
> is that the foreign conferences aren't willing to return the favour?  That
> strikes me as either being an unfair description, or just plain mean
> spirited.

Think incompetence, not malice, and you'll be on the right track. :-) We are
exceedingly lucky that our conference has been so well-supported and such a
success. (Also, project conferences often do not have the same requirement
for sustainability and return on investment that linux.conf.au began with.)

- Jeff

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~