[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] ComputerBank NSW Grant Proposal

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Jun 16 14:09:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:33:16AM +1000, Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 22:44, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > btw what is the overall budget for grant requests each year?
> We have set out a policy not to spend more than $3k/month on grants
> (this going from memory, the wording of the policy is on the web site).
> Keep in mind that this is a loan, so if everything goes okay, we don't
> actually loose any money (unless you count interest in the bank
> account).

Which you should, of course. At ~5%, it's about equivalent to a $2k (+/-
$200) grant now, if they max out the facility by being continuously
in debt to us for $10k for the first year and $15k for the two years
after that. If they don't do that, it's less than that. If they're in
debt to us for more than that over the couple of years, or they don't
end up repaying because they go bust, it's more than that obviously.

Is ComputerBank NSW getting better facilities better for LA than sending
someone to a conference in Europe, or bringing someone from Europe or the
US out here? If we can ensure that we don't end up losing $15k outright,
then that's about what the interest costs come to.

Can we ensure we don't end up losing $15k or more outright?

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.