[Linux-aus] ComputerBank NSW Grant Proposal

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jun 16 08:03:03 UTC 2004

Del wrote:

> I have no intrinsic problem with the grant per se, but I'd
> like to see a set of accounts for LA to see that we have the
> necessary bank balance & income stream to support this.

I don't intend to be obstructionist here, but the accounts were
presented at the AGM in Adelaide, and will be presented at the next AGM
as well. I have no problems with people seeing them now (it is the
member's money after all), but I do wonder if the requests to see them
become regular if the Treasurer is going to have any time to do anything
else.

Perhaps if we had some sort of mechanism such that each monthly report
from Pia stated the amount of money spent by the committee in total, and
then that could be referred back to the public accounts from the AGM
minutes. Would that allay your concerns?

Part of my concern is also because there is some fluctuation in the
accounts from time to time. For example merchant charge backs from our
credit card facility are fairly unpredictable.

Anyways, I've only been up for half an hour, so I might be hallucinating
here.

Cheers,
Mikal

(I am not the treasurer, and do not speak for him on this issue)

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"