[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Jun 15 21:40:01 UTC 2004

<quote who="Michael Still">

> It's not my job to make your point for you. I'm not even sure what you're
> getting at. You raised government and tenders, not me. My point is that it
> is silly to target global open source projects at local niche industries.

I think Dan's point was a bit more general - that LA should prefer to fund
grants that have some kind of direct, qualitative effect, particularly if
they align well with the Australian community's goals at the time.

I tend to agree, but while LA didn't seem to be getting many applications, I
was happy to put mine in regardless. :-)

- Jeff

   "The aim of the release process is to finish software, not to develop
                         it..." - Havoc Pennington