[Linux-aus] FTA cross-industry press conference

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Fri Jul 23 17:42:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Check out the Linux Australia Free Trade Agreement page
http://linux.org.au/fta/ and the latest entry for July 21st. You will
find the paper Tridge presented at the press conference, and some media
coverage of it.

I think we are just starting to get the message through that there are
issues. Almost everyone I speak to is aware of at least some negative
impacts of the FTA, and now it remains to be seen whether the government
are going to let it through. Unfortunately whether it is anti-US seems
to be more important than whether it is good for Australia...

Cheers,
Pia
--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>