[Linux-aus] MEDIA RELEASE: OSIA: WE HAVE THE SOLUTION TO SOFTWARE PIRACY.

Ninti Systems office at ninti.com.au
Wed Jul 14 13:49:01 UTC 2004

I'm no lawyer so I can't answer most of those questions, but my two
cents is:

- IF there was illegal IP in a given software product there is far more
likelihood of it being discovered/removed/replaced before anyone got
hurt in an open source scenario than any other.

- the vast majority of software-related IP litigation in the world
involves closed source software. Apart from the SCO scam (long time
since I last heard anything about that, come to think of it), OSS has
generally been remarkably litigation free ... so maybe where there is no
smoke there is no fire?

Mick

--
Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions