Re: [Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Jason King wrote:

I know from previous experience with installfests that private schools would be interested , as well as TAFE colleges. Not so much public schools though , they still get M$ licences pretty cheap , so they don't care.

Private schools still get extremely cheap Microsoft licencing. I do on-site work for a catholic college and they don't pay much for the MS software they run at all.

But even though they get very cheap MS software, they have several Linux machines acting as servers and they are wanting to trial a Linux desktop machine in their library shortly to see what the response is.

/ Ben